Firstly, before going into this, I want to say you did an amazing job on this—like insane! I couldn't have done it better even if I was given a month.
Kraken Fight
1.1 I like the Kraken fight, but as most people pointed out, the wobbly catch line is "weird." I personally don't hate it, but currently, the strategy (at least mine) is to wait for the star to reach the top or bottom where I don't have to move my line. If it isn't on the line, I play around going up and down. Honestly, it's simple and not terrible for a first boss, but personally, I would have just made it move fast up and down and then change directions. (if you understand what i mean)
1.2 Honestly, the participation system needs a rework. Currently, as long as you do a small amount of damage, you get the full reward. I have abused this and I've seen others doing it too: we go in, do a bit of damage, let go, and go back to fishing while letting others do the work for us. This isn't good, and I think it needs to be changed.
1.3 The rewards for the Kraken fight should follow a contribution system. While those who participated should still get the items and prefix (or maybe not, which would make the prefix and items rare), those who did the most damage should get more Points, XP, and Emeralds. As I won't lie, the rewards after completing 6 suck (getting 15 XP and 11 Emeralds). It would incentivise participation and collaboration.
Housing
2.1 As of now, I see no reason to go fishing in my house. I think tropical fish (and maybe some others) should be moved so they can only be obtained when fishing in the house. Maybe certain houses could even have random buffs applied to encourage people to explore others' creations, but as of now, I don't use the home system because it doesn't seem worth it.
Fishing
3.1 It's weird and annoying that you don't get bait back from Unbreaking if your extra bait is already full. It makes Unbreaking useless for the top 1/3rd of the stack. I think Unbreaking "saves" should go into the daily bait pool instead.
3.2 Bait with modifiers is not worth using unless you're doing something specific, like trying to get the heaviest bass. On average, fish are worth 4–10 Emeralds, while treasure is worth 20–60 Emeralds (though treasure is much rarer). I calculated that using Glow Berries loses you approximately 6 Emeralds per berry (99 berries spent/gained). In my opinion, they should either be better, dirt cheap, or super expensive and high-reward worth emerald loss.
3.3 I dislike that when catching something, clicking anywhere makes the player walk over there. Please block movement for 1.5 seconds after catching a fish.
3.4 When fishing a five-star, I love that it moves around fast, but personally, I think it could be harder. Four-star fish could also use that system, but 5 star fishes without the indicators showing when they'll dash (up to you :P).
Misc
4.1 Music... add lofi music, it's quiet.
4.2 Reduce the "throw fish" button cooldown to 10 seconds; it's currently way too long.
4.3 Add a button to hide nameplates.
4.4 I would love to see more milestones.
4.5 Change the "biggest fish" leaderboard so the Kraken boss fight fish reward isn't always sitting at #1.
anyway thats all i have thanks for reading <3
helpful 1
